Use the guide below to structure your application for the Leadership Fellows Program
The following criteria applies to applicants who are considering applying for the Leadership Fellows Program.
- Identify as Indigenous Australian
- Early career level in the health sector –
- Work within health policy and government;
- University and research environments working towards completion of Masters or PhD
- Passionate, innovative and ethical in working to improve Indigenous health outcomes
- Motivated to build on their leadership within their local context
- Able to commit to an extensive program and attend all modules throughout the year
This program to be run both in Melbourne and the UK, is comprehensive and will demand a substantial time and energy commitment from Fellows to assist them in their leadership development.
Prior to applying for the program, please ensure you are available for all modules and the necessary travel to Melbourne and elsewhere. It is critical that you have the support of your workplace to attend.
2018 Program Dates
Module 1: 12 - 13 March - Melbourne
Module 2: 19 - 27 May - London
Module 3: 13-15 August - Melbourne
Applicants are to provide a CV and supporting statement, no more than 2 pages, outlining the reasons they wish to participate in the program. Points to consider in your supporting statement may include:
- demonstrating your passion, innovation and ethical approaches in your work to improve health outcomes
- what you see in the health sector that resembles health leadership
- what aspects of leadership do you think are important.
Program places are limited and the selection process will consider group composition, including gender balance, a diversity of roles and geographical locations and sector spread.
Please email your completed applications to Jenn Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 January 2018.