Use the guide below to structure your application for the Leadership Fellows Program
The following essential criteria applies to all applicants considering applying for the Poche Indigenous Leadership Fellows Program.
- Identify as Indigenous Australian
- Be at an early career level in the health sector working in areas such as –
- Health policy and government;
- University and research environments working towards completion of, or recent completion of a Masters or PhD
- Passionate, innovative and ethical in working to improve Indigenous health outcomes
- Demonstrable commitment to professional leadership development
- Recognised ability and/or skills working with diverse identities and groups
- Able to commit to an extensive program and attend all modules throughout the year
- Able to provide a workplace reference which covers the following points to support your application:
- Foreseeable benefits for the individual, workplace and broader community
- Applicant's suitability to work with diversity.
This program to be run in both Melbourne and the UK, is comprehensive and will demand a substantial time and energy commitment from Fellows to assist them in their leadership development.
Prior to applying for the Program, please ensure you are available to commit to all Modules including necessary travel to Melbourne and the UK. At the time of travel a valid Australian passport with at least six months validity is required.
It is crucial that you have support of your workplace to attend.
You will be encouraged to participate in future Fellow Alumni events.
Applicants are to provide a CV and supporting statement (approximately 500 words) outlining what skills, expertise and knowledge you can actively contribute to Indigenous health leadership.
Applications must be completed via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y69JWGF
Program places are limited and the selection process will consider group composition, including gender balance, a diversity of roles and geographical locations and sector spread.
For any addition information regarding the program please contact Tess Ryan via E: email@example.com
Applications close 14 January 2019.