Use the guide below to structure your application for the Leadership Fellows Program
The following essential criteria applies to all applicants considering applying for the Poche Indigenous Fellows Leadership Program:
- Identify as Indigenous Australian
- Early career level working in either of the following –
- Working within the health sector
- Working with health policy and government
- Working at a University or research institute in a health-related field
- Working towards completion of, or recent completion of a Masters or PhD in a related field
- Passionate, innovative and ethical in working to improve Indigenous health outcomes
- Motivated to build on your leadership within their local context
- Able to commit to an extensive program and attend ALL modules throughout the year
- Demonstrable commitment to professional leadership development
- Recognised ability and/or skills working with diverse groups
- Provide a workplace reference which covers the following points to support your application
- Foreseable benefits for the individual, workplace and broader community
- Applicants suitability to work with diversity
- Provide supporting documentation from your workplace/supervisor to attend all Modules throughout the year
- Applicant must have a valid passport with at least six months validity as of May 2020
This program to be run both within Melbourne and in the UK, is comprehensive and will demand a substantial time and energy commitment from Fellows to assist them in their leadership development.
Prior to applying for the program, please ensure you are available to attend and commit to ALL three modules and are willing to undertake the necessary travel to Melbourne and elsewhere.
It is critical that you have the support of your workplace to attend.
You will be encouraged to participate in future Fellow Alumni events.
2020 Program Dates
Module 1: 16 - 18 March - Melbourne
Module 2: 23 – 31 May - London
Module 3: 24 and 26 August - Melbourne
Check list: Essential Application Documents
- Completed on-line Application (Applicant)
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria (Applicant)
- Current CV (Applicant)
- Supporting statement from your workplace supervisor approving your availability to attend all three modules of the program (Supervisor)
- Completion of the Referee Questionnaire template (Referee)
Note: If your supervisor is providing your reference, the Referee Questionnaire will suffice as it covers attendance approval.
Please use the links below to complete and submit your application:
Applications Close 30 November 2019