Stacey is a proud Wiradjuri woman, born in Gadigal country and lives on Dharawal land.
A passionate educator, Stacey has a natural love of learning. She is examining synergies between the governance structures within Australian universities and outcomes in relation to Indigenous Leadership in Higher Education, as a PhD candidate at Western Sydney University.
In addition to completing her PhD, Stacey is campaigning for the introduction of mandatory biennial 'Indigenous Histories' training for public school teachers. Stacey has termed the concept Educate the Educators. Ultimately, Stacey aims to facilitate the capacity to build and promote strong foundations for lasting positive change.
She is highly motivated to further her studies in educational research, with a focus on increasing educational opportunities and long-term advancement of Indigenous peoples.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education), Western Sydney University
- Master of Teaching (Primary), Western Sydney University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Psychology), Western Sydney University
- Diploma Human Resource Management, Open Colleges
- Certificate IV Counselling Skills, Performance Psychology, Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Clinical Leadership Program, University of Wollongong and NSW Health