ACADI and the FlashGM Study Scholarship
Institution: The University of Melbourne (UoM), the Australian Centre for Accelerating Diabetes Innovations (ACADI) and the FlashGM Study
School/Department/Centre: Department of Medicine - Austin Health and ACADI partners.
Project: Flash Glucose Monitoring (FlashGM) to improve glucose management in Indigenous Australians: Enhancing Quality of Life Assessment for Health Economic Analysis
This study is a national, multi-centre, randomised controlled trial for Indigenous Australians with type 2 diabetes using flash glucose monitoring.
Develop and validate culturally appropriate quality of life assessment tools for health economic analysis as part of the FlashGM Study.
These tools can have the potential to bring change to health policy for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians with type 2 diabetes across Australia
Student payment: Approx. $50,000 pa stipend available for the next four years ($200K in total)
Research support: Funding allocated for travel, data collection and professional development
Professor Elif Ekinci Direcor, ACADI and Sir Edward Dunlop Professorial Fellow Medicine - Austin Health
- Prof Elif Ekinci, Director ACADI
- Prof Sandra Eades, Associate Dean Indigenous, MDHS, UoM
- Prof Nancy Devlin, Prof Clarke and Dr Tran who are health economics experts
University of Melbourne requirements for admission to higher degree research. The Poche Centre can assist you to navigate this through our academic shepherding program.
- Masters or Honours degree in Public Health, Medicine, Community Health, Allied Health
- Skills in quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of research impact
- Experience in data analysis
The project team is primarily based in Melbourne.
Interstate applicants are welcome, and funding to support interstate travel, to ensure face to face meetings will be provided.
Prof Elif Ekinci firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Email your CV, academic transcripts from all prior study and academic references to Prof Elif Ekinci
Considering a PhD?
|Meet our current students||PhD Familiarisation program||Speak to a Poche team member|