Scholarship in youth mental health
PhD Scholarship Opportunity with headspace
The headspace Evidence Building Scholarship: First Nations Focused, as a top-up or primary stipend, will provide $30,000 each year over three years in addition to:
- Flights - twice yearly to connect in person with staff at headspace national and to present at the annual headspace Forum
- Subscription Open access publication fee for 4 open access articles
- Professional Development Consumables and incidentals, including survey costs, recruitment costs; professional development etc – max $10,000 over 3 years
Potential applicants may have a background in any relevant field (including sociology, public health, education, psychology, social work etc) and can be located at any university across Australia.
The purpose of the scholarship is to:
- build research capacity in First Nations youth social and emotional wellbeing
- contribute to headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation’s commitment to being evidence-led, and
- contribute to headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation’s commitment to ensuring culturally safe mental health care for First Nations young people.
For more information, email Dr Georgia Privitera.