Applications for the 2024 program are open until Sunday 22 October.
To be considered for this program, applicants must be
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander leader
- Able to attend all three modules throughout the year
- Able to undertake interstate and international travel in 2024
- Able to undertake long travel days, some off-road walking with a moderate level of physical health and fitness. Please contact Program Coordinator Josh to discuss any mobility questions.
Key Selection Criteria
You will be required to submit a two-page cover letter responding to the key selection criteria.
- Minimum ten years’ experience working in the health sector in community, policy, government, or clinical
- Currently completing final year PhD candidature plus five years’ work experience in the health sector (e.g. academic/researcher in higher education with a health focus)
- Passionate, innovative and ethical and working to improve Indigenous health outcomes
- Motivated to build on your leadership, in your local context
- Willingness to contribute to discussions and be challenged by diversity of thinking
You will be required to record a two-minute video of yourself describing your leadership experience to date.
The video is an opportunity for us to get to know you beyond the words of your application. We recommend saving the video as a .MP4 file, to be uploaded on the application page.
Statement of Support
A statement of support from your manger (workplace) or supervisor (PhD candidate) that briefly states*
- Foreseeable benefits of the program for the applicant, workplace and broader community
- A description of the applicant’s leadership
- An endorsement/confirmation letter stating approval for the applicant to take leave to attend all three week-long modules
* Self-employed applicants should provide a letter of reference from a regular senior professional colleague.
How to apply
Applications for the 2024 Melbourne Poche Indigenous Health Leadership program must include
- Cover letter with responses to the Key Selection Criteria (two page max)
- A two-minute video describing your leadership experience to date
- A current CV
- A statement of support from your manger (workplace) or supervisor (PhD candidate)
Please note that program places are limited. The selection process will consider group composition, including gender balance, a diversity of roles, geographical locations and sector spread.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Sunday 22 October.
Please contact Josh to talk through any of the the application requirements.
Please contact Hannah for tech issues using the form.